The 2017 Met Ball didn’t feature any glow in the dark dresses or stunning feathers and those who did (that was so 2016). Many attendees took their outfits back to the days of simplicity instead of being completely avant-garde. Now, there were some courageous looks (Rihanna and Lil Yachty) and there were some very classic looks. So buckle up, because here are my favorite outfits of the night. Let me know if your top five dresses made the cut below.
1. Stella Maxwell looks radiant in this gown by H&M (yes, I was as shocked as you are that H&M made this dress). The stiff fringes make the dress look like icicles on the Snow Queen. #LoveIt
2. Lala Anthony is stunning in this Thai Nguyen Atlier gown. Carmelo…who?
3. Priyanka Chopra is giving me trench coat goals in this Ralph Lauren gown. I love how Ralph Lauren took something as classic as a trench coat and turned it into something stunning.
4. JLo, the forever flawless diva, looked elegant in this light blue Valentino gown. This dress looks beautiful on JLo (but what doesn’t look beautiful on her).
5. Blake Lively is slaying in this Atlier Versace gown. The train of feathers is the perfect accent to add some color and texture to the chain link gold gown.
Bonus: Ashley Graham is gorgeous in this H&M gown. H&M is stepping up its brand, and what better stage to show off your chops than the Met Gala. Phenomenal!
Bonus: Zoe Kravitz is giving off major early 90s Jada Pinkett vibes in this Oscar De La Renta gown with short blonde hair. Convinced she is the wildflower for our generation, she shows that fashion sense along with talent does not fall far from the family tree.