The Met Gala is a fashion lovers dream. This is where designers go all out for the most creative, daring, and sometimes all too revealing looks, worn by music and Hollywood elite. There were some, “I can’t believe she wore that,” looks and there were some, “OMG! This is dress is so beautiful I’m going to cry,” looks. So, check out my favorite five looks from the 2016 Met Gala red carpet.
1. Who would have thought thay Claire Danes would steal best dressed at this years Met Gala? However, this gown created by designer, Zac Posen, gave us all dress envy (I even think Cinderella would want an upgrade after seeing this). The dress in the light looks elegant , feminine, and regal, but when the lights go off the real magic happens. I don’t know how Posen did it, but the dress glows in the dark, making Danes the center of attention no matter where she is ( 👏🏾👏🏾🙌🏾👍🏾 bravo).
2. Kendell Jenner looks amazing in this Atelier Versace gown. Adorned with crystals and a high pony, this look fits Jenner like a glove. I totally understand why she became a model, because she defintely makes this dress look good.
3. Rita Ora slayed in this feathered Vera Wang gown. Usually I’m not a fan of all the feathers, but the way it is layered into a mermaid styled bottom with train took away all my aprehensions. Ora pulled back her hair and had a bronze goddess makeup look with a splash of silver to tie the whole look together.
4. Kate Hudson showed off her Fabletic body in this white Versace gown outlined with gems. This look is a combination of whimsy, fantasy, and sophistication. Not tonmention KHud is rocking the mess out of it. She paired this look woth her signature waves and a natural makeup look.
5. Mrs. Zoe Saldana is showing off her feathers in this peacock inspired gown by Dolce & Gabbana. Paired with a high braid you can see the mommy of two twins, is ready to flaunt her feathers just like the peacocks shes’s dressed after.