Sorry for my short hiatus, but I was enjoying my Turkey Weekend! But I’m back and ready to talk about R&B’s finest flooding Las Vegas to attend the 2015 Soul Train Music Awards. The stage wasn’t the only place where a perfect melody fell over a tight beat; the red carpet was full of expression, body, and flair. While some marched to their own drum others found harmony in the basics and kept it classic. The fashion five recaps my five favorite looks of the night.
1. Starting off is Wendy Raquel Robinson in an off white 2 piece. The pencil skirt and off the shoulder bodice top accentuates all Robinson’s curves. Topi it off with a red lip and big hair and Robinson is ready for anything. She could definitely pull of the line “What’s it to you, stud” …(that is grease btw). Style Tip: Add a pop of color with your shoes. Nice way to spice up any outfit.
2. You can’t tell Queen Jill nothin’ in this striped wrapped dress and black turban with brooch. The dress is wonderful for giving a Scott a clean and lean look, while the furry purse is a nice break from the black tones.
3. Love this black ribbed dress that Erica Campbell is rocking. Definitely gives the outfit some texture so it doesn’t look like a plain fitted LBD. her caged shoes and simple accessories and makeup definitely gives a soft touch to a rocker and edgy type dress.
4. Jillian Hervey and Lucas Goodman of Lion Babe rocked the Red Carpet. I don’t know what’s more beautiful her long hair or his angelic face. Lucas rocking a all black ensemble with a leather jacket looks classic chic and rock and roll. While Jillian wears a black dress with subtle sheer cut outs and split. This duo looks as good as that their music…fantastic.
5. Coming in at number five is Bridget Kelley in a black and white sequined two piece. The flair from the pants make this look comfortable and chic. Style Tip: Perfect look for holiday parties. Replace the sequined top for a black lace or silk shirt and pair with a red or dark vampy lip.
Bonus Look: Is Tyrese Gibson who always looks yummy!. Here he’s rocking a black blazer with white lapels and pocket square accompanied by a black t-shirt, slacks, and shoes. How many ways can you say YESSSS?